By: Sirius Fudge
Welcome to the Year of the Water Dragon! Most of us are psyched in the changing of the year that it becomes a worldwide phenomenon. Even the Muggles have their own way of celebrating the New Year. As for us in the wizarding world, we take pride in celebrating it with our loved ones like family and friends. And like in the non-wizarding world, we take interests in what’s in store for us this coming year. This seems like one divination work, isn’t it?
Not everyone of us have genuine interest in the field of divination. Take for example, the famous Hermione Granger-Weasley which is currently in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement of the Ministry of Magic. She dropped out of her divination class in her third year and decided not to take the course from that day on. We also have the famous story of Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley in their many efforts in the subjects of foretelling the future. I think that many of us can relate to them, at least those who had taken the Divination classes and not really have the interest in it.
Well, here is my share of advices for this year for everyone to be awesome! Happy foretelling guys!
- 1. In this year of the water dragon, it would be very useful and awesome for you to know the Aguamenti Charm. Who knows, it might come in handy this year!
- 2. Never tickle a sleeping dragon, as our alma mater says, especially blue-colored dragon because you’ll never stand a chance. Remember that it’s their year so be careful.
- 3. Learn dragon-related spells like the Conjunctivitus Curse used by Viktor Krum in the 1994 Triwizard Tournament, Stunning Spell and Draconifors which transfigures statues of dragons into real ones. Well, if you fail at any of these, you can always use your broomstick and get ready to be chased by a dragon. However, that’s a dangerous task so at least try to learn the mentioned spells. Don’t tell I didn’t warn you!
- 4. Take a bath daily as it would nourish and enhance one’s magical powers. Trust me on this, guys; you will be really awesome if you do this. It’s the year of the water! What better way to celebrate it than take a bath every day?
- 5. Drink more than eight glasses of water every day. Aside from the boost on your magical powers, you will have that refreshing supply of awesomeness in you! And as a bonus feature, it is good for your health.
- 6. Be careful in handling dragon products like dragon dung in your Herbology class, dragon hide used as your clothing and powdered dragon horns in your Potions class. Follow this rule and you might not have the dragon pox disease for the whole year. Excellent prize, isn’t it?
- 7. Use wands with dragon heartstrings as their cores. It is a lucky year for them!
- 8. Have yourself on good terms with Draco Malfoy or any Draco-named individual. You’ll never know; they might shower you with some of their blessings for the whole year. Awesome!
- 9. Be a dragon keeper like Charlie Weasley. They are absolutely awesome!
- 10. Never trade or sell dragons or dragon eggs! It’s against the law and it’s not awesome as well!
- 11. Learn to swim and have a swim in the lake even though it is freezing. Remember that Viktor Krum had done that and it was awesome. Now this is one tried and tested tip! Try it!
- 12. Be active in HOL! Yes, you read it right! It’s very awesome in here especially this year of the dragon. With the dragon in our motto, this is a good year for us so it would be awesome if everyone will be a part of it! Awesome!
There are my tips for the year! I think I could pass Professor Trelawney’s Divination class!
Topic: Articles Tags: articles, new year, sirius fudge